Hampden Recreation Department and Lura Hoit Memorial Pool
Skip to nav
Swim Lessons, Advanced Preschool
- NO CONTACT SWIM LESSONS
- Due to COVID-19
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- Face covering required for ages 3 - adult except when swimming or showering.
- Spectators/guardians MUST wear a face covering at all times and social distance while sitting on the benches or bleachers.
- Instructors will use life jackets, puddle jumpers and noodles to help support participants if needed.
- If your child has not passed our pre-school level then a swim test is required.
Children build endurance and learn to tread water.
- Must be able to swim width of pool using beginner stroke without assistance
- Must be able to swim width of pool on back kicking and finning without assistance
- Must be able to float on front and back without assistance.
- Class is taught in the deep end.
- Students concentrate on stroke efficiency for front crawl and backstroke.
- Elementary backstroke and rhythmic breathing is introduced.
- For completion, children swim one width of front crawl and backstroke using proper breathing and arm movements.
- Promoted to Advanced Beginner.
- No make-ups for missed classes
- No refunds or credits for withdrawals after 2 weeks